2008-03-28

Budding


Look the cherry trees at Järntorget are budding! In another couple of weeks they'll be in full bloom. I think I'll start walking that part of the way to University as soon as the snow has melted away.


My lace skirt is almost done, I just have to finish the picot edgings and the waistband now. I found the perfect yarn to do them with, Garnstudio's Cotton Viscose in a blood orange color. Nice and shiny! It's the same type of yarn that I used for my Circular Shrug.

March was the month of books for me. I bought a bunch of new ones, for crafting mostly.


  • Papper is a paper craft book filled with lots of uninteresting projects and few interesting ones. It's very basic, which is probably why I find most of it kind of boring. I really appreciate the 3 featured bookbinding techniques though, they are the reason I bought the book. I'm using one of them for the Scrapbook Cookbook Swap at Craftster.

    Here's a little glimpse of what I'm planning for the swap by the way:


  • New Knits by Erika Knight has an awesome pattern for a club chair cover, and I happen to have a green kind of boring club chair that's just waiting to be made over. It's a monstrous project requiring massive amounts of yarn, time and arm/wrist/hand muscle strength. ;) Just the kind of thing I love making.


  • The quilt book was a chance buy, I saw a scarf from it on a couple of blogs and ordered the book on impulse. Which I'm glad I did. As I've mentioned my mother in law is really in to patchwork and quilting. She has made some really awesome projects, including a "Millennium Quilt" that contains 2000 tiny fabric squares, donated from different people and all from differently patterned fabrics. Anyway I know she's been wanting to make a quilt for us. The problem is we don't have a quilt kind of home. But in this book I found a really cool quilt that would look great on our bed. Just switch the pink and red in the picture to turquoise and dark blue. A possible future Christmas gift perhaps? (:



Oh and I'm happy, happy, happy today, because of a bunch of study related stuff. I got a summer job at the local pharmacy (finally something related to my studies!), I did really well on my organic chemistry exam, now I have 5 days off before my next course begins, and I am typing away on an application letter for an exchange semester at University of Brighton next year.

1 kommentar:

Melissa sa...

oh those trees are lovely. I wish we had trees that budded in Alaska, but we don't. But we don't really have much of a spring either though :)